Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Artwork hoarding begins......

On a somewhat more positive note, we went to Mothers Group yesterday and did some finger painting and Isabelle absolutely loved it.


I thought there would be paint all over her face, body, clothes and that there would definitely be paint consumed but she was more fascinated with having it all over her hands and mama not cutting her fun time short.



The end result of her first painting effort is just the cutest thing! I now understand hoarders like my mum who can't bear to throw out a thing we made as kids. She still has these tiny shell animals I glued together that I think should have been binned years ago but she refuses. I am starting to understand though.
I doubt this or countless other pieces of priceless artwork over the years will ever be thrown out because it represents something quite extraordinary...this tiny little being we created has CREATED something of her own and it's such a great sight to see! I just need to work out how and where to store all of this precious stuff that I am sure that on the day I give it back to her when she moves out *sob* will be binned anyway!

1 comments:

Danielle said...

An idea I have seen is to buy some large scrapbooks to glue their gorgeous paintings and drawings in! Not sure on larger stuff when they get to that stage though!

Dani x