Monday, February 23, 2009

A new hobby!


This is the new overlocker I am getting this week! So excited to be starting a new hobby - thankfully mum was a seamstress and will teach me everything I will need to know and is kindly giving me her sewing machine in a cabinet as well! She tells me it's because she is sick of hemming pants for friends. I have a few things that I want to sew, but am starting simple, cloth wipes first and foremost then new cushions for my couch. Nesting Place is inspiring me to do all sorts of new things around this place to pretty it up. It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful has inspired me so much, I don't have much confidence in my own ability to decorate, but I know what I like and dislike and am going to just start putting pretty things together. I'm going to hunt down bits and pieces in Op shops as well. Very much looking forward to having something productive to do!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting Tan. your enthusiasm jumps off the page. I love op shopping. I collect green depression glass, and love old things. garage sales are always good fun to pick up funky bits and pieces too.